- 1.5 – 2 cups of Rutabaga, cubed. You may not use the whole thing.
- 3-5 shrimp, thawed, peeled
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Boil the cubed rutabaga in a medium sized pot. Salt the water. Let boil for 10-12 minutes until the rutabaga is fork soft.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces. When the rutabaga is almost done (3-4 minutes remaining), fry it up until it’s crispy. Set it aside and save the grease.
- Pan fry the shrimp in the bacon grease. The shrimp will turn bright pink when ready. Set aside the shrimp with the bacon. Save the grease.
- Going back to the rutabaga, drain the water from the pot. Mash the rutabaga by hand. Add bacon grease (about 1-2 tsp worth) Add the olive oil to help it get creamy. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Whip rutabaga with hand mixer or food processor if you want it chunk-free and extra creamy. I like this.
- Assemble the plate. On the foundation of whipped rutabaga, sprinkle a layer of crispy bacon. Stack your shrimp. Sprinkle more bacon on top.